Here is a review of the pros and cons of Commission Junction vs. ClickBank and which is best for your affiliate marketing offers? I have made a list of all the advantages and disadvantages in order to help you in your decision of Commission Junction vs. ClickBank. At the end of this article, you will know which company is a better fit for your online business.
Commission Junction or CJ for short is one of the largest affiliate marketing channels on the web. The merchants that sell their products on line are typically bigger and better developed companies. This gives the affiliate marketers better quality products to promote. Affiliates are selling reliable products and this help to ensure a good reputation for their website.
• Merchant’s products are better known and reliable.
• There are many different affiliate links, banners text links and product links to choose from.
• All commissions are paid directly through Commission Junction, not the merchant. This gives an added sense of security that you will receive payment.
• You may ask for direct deposit or have a check mailed out.
• You can track your links and encrypt your link to hide the tracking code.
• Affiliates payment threshold is $50 for direct deposit and $100 for a check mailed to you.
• I have found it a little hard to get customer support when I have a question.
• Some products you may want to promote have to be reviewed by the merchant first. Many times you will be rejected because they may feel your website is not quite relevant enough to advertise their products on.
This is an affiliate network where merchants sell digital products; such as, eBooks and software. There are many bloggers and website owners who put up ClickBank product links that relate to their blog post or website and do quite well.
• ClickBank offers over 10,000 digital products.
• Once you set up an account, you can immediately start promoting any of their products.
• It is very simple to get started.
• Commissions tend to be higher and a 50- 75% commission rate is not at all that uncommon.
• You can add your own tracking code.
• Payment option is lower than Commission Junction and does include direct payment or a check mailed to you. Whichever you prefer.
• You have to be careful of the products you want to promote. There are some excellent products to promote in ClickBank, but there are some products that are awful and will ruin your reputation with your customers..
• Tend to have high refund rates.
• Other affiliates can change your link to their own link when buying a product for themselves and steal your sale.
ClickBank is one of the leading affiliate programs on the net because of its simplicity to use and the amount of products they offer to promote. Commission Junction is great for larger brand names that are tangible products rather than digital products.
In your choice for Commission Junction vs. ClickBank it will vary from marketer to marketer and the products that you are promoting. I hope we have laid a good framework for you to decide which is best for your online business. I have found that using a little of both works fantastic.